Monday, January 21, 2013

Driving with one's rear end


Sidenote: I wrote this one forever ago, and for some reason left it in DRAFT mode instead of publishing. My bad. I am going to get off my (hopefully shrinking due to Weight Watchers) behind and try to post more often now, hopefully I can get more readers if I'm actually writing things for you all to read....

I'm at a total loss here people. I guess I missed the day in high school or that driver's ed bullshit where the powers that be instructed everyone, under penalty of death that they must, as my dear friend says "drive with their asses" every single time even a teeny-tiny bit of water comes out of the sky. What's with that?

I don't live in the desert people. Where I come from it rains all the time. Not like the London or Seattle nonsense I hear about - but enough that it should absolutely not stun a normal able-bodied person to see it rain.

I was driving the other day and it began raining like my natural science classes taught me it might, and I continued to drive like a normal human being but with application of the necessary caution one should apply when there's water on the greasy roads. EVERYONE around me commenced driving like absolute idiots. Half of these morons surrounding me were either driving like they couldn't see through the torrential downpour (it was sprinkling like those mist machines at six flags). The other half of the morons were driving like 192mph as if they had a death wish or were practicing for Nascar tryouts or something - and with no respect whatsoever for the possibility of hydro-planing. What the hell is wrong with these people? Find a happy-medium! There's no need to practice your mad Nascar-skillz while it's raining. There is equally no excuse for driving 30mph in the fast lane of the highway just because you saw a few raindrops. I have places to be people! I'm not taking a joy-ride in the rain you idgit - I have a destination at which I would like to arrive before Tuesday.

End rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment